Writing Talk Proposals Resources
We have included eleven articles and resources about writing talk proposals in no specific order below for your reading pleasure.
If you do not feel like reading all of these, the major takeaways are to think more about what people will get out of your talk, rather than what the talk will cover. Direct the proposal to the attendees. Try to tell a story. Sell the benefit. Be specific and succinct about your point and the question it will answer.
Ready to read?
- What your conference proposal is missing by Sarah Mei. </a>
- Proposal writing basics, more tips to writing technical talk proposals.
How to write a compelling proposal
by Tiffany Conroy and Jan Lehnardt.
Check the "Further Reading" section in the end for more links and resources.
- What I learned from reading 429 conference proposals by Noel Rappin.
- One more from Noel Rappin about how to choose your topic or how to submit proposals and influence people.
- Seven tips to writing a talk proposal by A. Jesse Jiryu Davis.
- Worksheets from Write/Speak/Code conference to help with writing a talk proposal.
- Writing conference proposals by Rebecca Murphey.
- How to write a conference proposal by Mike Moore.
- Conference proposals that don’t suck by Russ Unger.
- How to prepare and write a tech conference talk by Lena Reinhard.
- So you want to give a talk at GORUCO by Francis Hwang.
Ready to submit a proposal?
CFP for GORUCO 2016 is still open until Friday, April 1st, 2016.
To submit a talk, please visit http://cfp.goruco.com/events/2016